The ICC Advantage
Benefits of Working with Us
Team of Experts
ICC’s present immigration counsel is Robert Divine, former Legal Counsel and former Acting Director of United States Customs and Immigration Services (USCIS).
International Agency Network
Develop and refine the company’s business plan. Recruit key members of the team. Provide insights into competitors. Introductions to funding sources and business partners.
Access to CliftonLarsonAllen (CLA) accounting firm, the largest regional and one of the top 10 in the U.S. CLA’s experienced international team is ready to serve EB-5 investors.
EB-5 Immigrant Investor Tax Considerations
Investors should consider the tax effects of becoming a U.S. resident before investing.
- The United States charges income tax on all U.S. citizens and permanent residents based on worldwide income.
- Each U.S. State has its own tax system.
- Treaties and various exemptions eliminate some but not all risk of double taxation.
- As a general rule, if you are moving all of your assets to the U.S. you will not have a problem with double taxation.
- If you will continue working or investing in your home country after moving to the U.S., a professional tax advisor with International experience is required.
Tax advisors are able to provide tax related services according to U.S. law, and will refer you, upon request, to a professional tax authority in foreign jurisdictions who will help to minimize taxes as much as legally possible.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, with locations across the United States. CLA is well positioned to bring an exceptional level of knowledge, insight, and industry specific consultation. With over 70,000 clients CLA is the go to accounting firm place for privately held business owners.